Learn About This Fly:
The beauty of Mini leeches such as this one is in their counter-intuitive nature. While many anglers assume that the only way to catch big fish is to sling massive streamers that sound like a cannonball when they hit the water, this fly offers a delightful surprise as it seems to be a magnet for impressive fish. Fished best around the early winter for when trout are stocking up for the cold season, this small snack poses as an easy bight of protein for trout on the prowl. Because of its small size, trout view is as an unintimidating eat that should hold them over between chasing and digesting their larger meals.
- Vise: Stonfo Transformer Hook: Hanak H 450 BL; #10
- Bead: Hazard Fly Fishing 3.5mm slotted tungsten; silver
- Thread: Semperfli Nano Silk 18/0; black
- Body: Krystal Flash; green (coated w/ Solarez Bone Dry)
- Wing: Micro Pine Squirrel Zonker strip
- Collar: Ostrich Herl; gray
Now you know how to tie Mayer’s Mini Jig Leech!
Video and Ingredients courtesy of Landon Mayer