After continued use, our fly lines tend to become dirty and show wear which can affect its performance on the water. Scientific Anglers has the answer with their Fly Line Cleaning Soap and Abrasive Cleaning Pads. In this tutorial, SA R&D Manager Josh Jenkins gives us a quick overview of cleaning fly lines effectively.
How to Clean your Line:
- Place a few drops of cleaning soap into a gallon of lukewarm water.
- Submerse your fly line into the cleaning solution.
- Let your line soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Pinch abrasive cleaning pad over the fly line and strip the line through until clean.
- Rinse your line in clean fresh water.
For more SA fly line products, click here.