Check out this video from Bow River Troutfitters for some of the most important fly fishing tips for beginner anglers. Whether you’re a beginner or not, we could all use a reminder.
- Don’t rig up your rod until you’ve approached the water.
- Wearing waders doesn’t mean that you have to stand in the water. Fish the bank before getting anywhere near the water.
- Learn to handle excess line properly.
- Set your drag so that the line doesn’t create a “bird’s nest” when you’re pulling line off the reel.
- Keep your hooks sharp.
- Don’t false cast too much.
- When making big casts, have excess line off the reel in order to shoot the line further with fewer false casts.