Airlock Strike Indicators have long been one of the best floating indicators you can use with a fly rod. Recently, Airlock announced that they would be halting production of their plastic-bodied indicators and switching to a bio-degradable indicator that still uses the company’s innovative locking mechanism to attach the indicator to your leader.
The new biodegradable foam has more benefits beyond keeping our waterways cleaner. The new design out-performs the original plastic design in every way.
- 30% Lighter: Easier, more efficient casting, and delivery.
- Suspends 25% more weight on the water.
- Stealth: Neutral-colored post is less visible to fish, and the lighter overall weight lands softer on the water.
- Sensitivity: Better strike detection.
- Durability: No more leaks, dents, holes, cracks or pops!
- Easier to see leader slot when attaching.
- Hurts 38.6% less when you hit yourself in the back of the head on a forward cast.