1. Who is Jeremy Koreski?
A photographer who grew up in a little coastal town on Vancouver Island, Canada called Tofino.
2. When did you first pick up a camera?
My dad gave me a camera when I was 14 and I started shooting friends skateboarding, snowboarding, and surfing.
3. Can you remember the first fish you caught on a fly rod?
I’ve always loved fishing and because my dad was a commercial salmon fishermen I was introduced to it from a very early age. But it wasn’t until I was much older and already into photography that I picked up a fly rod. I do remember the cutthroat trout I caught on a friends rod, while I was on a river drift photo shoot. Do you prefer this method to spin fishing? Why? I’ve been extremely lucky to have met and become friends with some of the most ethical fishermen and woman out there and as I continue to learn about fly fishing it becomes more about protecting the fish and their habitat rather than actually catching them.
4. How long have you been a professional photographer?
I’ve been making a living off of photography for about 15 years now. For all the people who are pursuing professional photography as a career, what is some advice you can give them? Shoot because you love it and shoot a lot.
5. The best part of being a photographer?
Travelling the world for work Worst Part? Being away from my wife and daughter
6. What is your ideal camera setup for on the run shooting?
I use the Canon 5d4 – Canon 24-70mmf2.8II If you were stranded on an Island and could only have one body and lens? Contax T2 and a boatload of film.
7. I know you work with Pelican Pro, do they have any cool new products coming out?
Pelican has a ton of new products coming out in 2018, but I can’t say too much.
8. Do you remember the first photo you had published?
Yes, it was a feature in a snowboard magazine, but because my friend submitted the images I didn’t receive credit or get paid.
9. Would you rather shoot someone catching a trophy fish, or catch a trophy fish?
Definitely, take photos of a trophy fish.
10. Trophy Brown trout in Argentina, or Giant Trevally in the Seychelles?
Both, because I’ve yet to do either trip, but to answer your next question, the Seychelles is near the top of the list.
12. Do you have a favorite photo you have taken?
This image of a crow chasing an eagle that I shot in the Tofino harbor from my boat.
13. Craziest place you’ve ever had to take a dump?
haha, I’ve had a couple close calls while shooting surf from the water while wearing a 5/4 wetsuit, but all of those close calls I made it to shore just in time.
16. Can you recommend one book
My first photo book called “This is Nowhere”. https://jeremykoreskiprints.com/products/this-is-nowhere
You can find Jeremy on Instagram @JeremyKoreski